Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 14:50:58 -0500

Dear Listmates -

Yes, McDonald's does have a GF list.
It just came in the mail (I requested it).
Please note the precautions I've noted and questions I have at the end:

Coffee
Hot Chocolate
Milk
Orange Juice
Soft Drinks
Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla Triple Thick Shakes
Butter
Chicken McNugget Honey sauce and Hot Mustard Sauce -
  but the Chicken McNuggets themselves have gluten
Hotcake Syrup - but the hotcakes have gluten
Jam, Ketchup, Margarine, Mayonnaise, Mustard
Tartar Sauce, but the fish filets have gluten
Onions, Pickles, Tomato
Beef Patty (no bun)
Breakfast Beef Steak
Canadian Bacon
Cheese
French Fries (see precaution I've added below)
Hash Browns
Grilled Chicken Breast (no bun)
Fruit & Yogurt Parfait (no granola)
Ham
Ice Cream Sundaes including nuts
Sausage
Scrambled Egg
Caesar Salad without chicken (i.e. just the salad)
Side Salad
Newman's Own salad dressings: Creamy Caesar Dressing, Cobb Dressing,
Light Balsamic Vinaigrette, and Ranch Dressing

My own added notes:
The french fries and hash browns are only GF if the fryer (or fryers)
for them isn't (aren't)
right next to the fryer(s) for breaded products.  At extremely small
McDonald's, like the
one in the International Terminal at O'Hare airport in Chicago, the
fryers are side by side
and gluten-containing crumbs do drop into the oil for the fries and hash
browns.

I can't see what good it does to have GF McNugget sauces when we can't
eat the nuggets,
GF hotcake syrup when we can't eat the hotcakes, etc., but at least they
have some sort of a list now.

Seems to be it might be best to ask them to wash off the utensils they
handle your beef patty or anything else with, since these have been used
to slide the meats onto buns and may have some gluten on them.

Vicki