From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:46:37 -0700

but I'm not sure what. I've been GF for almost three months (negative
biopsy/blood but doing it anyway). I was down to a very basic diet of brown
rice and turkey and few vegetables. I wasn't noticing anything special
happening in the way of Gi symptoms, but then all the sudden, out of the
blue, a few weeks ago the inexplicable (and very embarrasing/annoying)
noises in my gut that I've been dealing with for a few years simmered down
significantly. I found myself sitting in quiet rooms waiting to hear rumbles
but didnt. Even though I still had gas and some GI upset, I was beginning to
feel like a normal person simply because my guts werent constantly screaming
at me. I started adding in all kinds of healthy things, like more vegetables
and fruits, peanut butter, tofu, decaf coffee brewed at home. None of it
brought the noises back. I was elated.

Then last week, about 2.5 weeks into the "no noises" stage, I came down with
a cold. I took a bunch of stuff for a few days; decongestant, Zicam, Afrin,
Emergen-C, Whey Protein Powder. I had checked it out to make sure it was GF,
but maybe made a mistake. The noises have been back ever since the first day
of taking cold medicine. I'm not taking any of those other things anymore,
and am back to a very basic turkey/brown rice diet. It's been almost a week,
and the noises are still here.

I was so overjoyed when the noises went awa (even though I wasnt completely
sure why they went away) but now I'm back to square one. It's making me feel
like I imagined the entire "no noise" period, even though I didnt. I cant
imagine it was a coincidence.

Grrrrrrrr.....