From:
lowell & candice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 07:10:56 -0800

I want to thank everyone who took time from their hectic holiday
schedules to answer my question concerning sulfites. Of the 7 responses
that I received, 5 stated that sulfites did not contain gluten.  However,
sulfites can cause problems if one is prone to migrane heahaches, hence,
the warning labels on wine bottles.  More than 1/2 of the respondents
said they avoided sulfites as it could cause problems in allergic
individuals...so try to buy "unsulphured" products whenever possible.
Dried fruits in health food stores, for example, can ususally be found in
both the sulphured and unsulphured varieties.

By grating your own potates, adding egg whites, oil, flour, and onions
(optional) you can easily make your own according to several respondents.
You can also store any leftover batter in the refrigerator for later use.

One responded by saying that he only uses the Carmel brand since this
brand does not contain matzo meal, and is GF.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!
Candice in California