Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:43:01 -0400

I am a 54-year old female who was diagnosed with cd 8 months ago and have
been gf ever since.  I had suffered with a bad, itchy rash for 30+ years
before that and assume it was dh since it finally went away after being gf
for awhile.  My total cholesterol has always been low and I thought that was
a good thing until finding out about celiac disease.  My numbers ranged
between 85 and 145.  I had blood tests done last week and the doctor's office
just called and said my total cholesterol came in at 119.  They are very
happy about it and said they have no other patients with numbers that low.
 I've been gaining weight with what I've been eating (lots of egg and cheese
dishes).  I expected my cholesterol to shoot up.  What is going on?  Should I
be happy or is this an indication that my intestines are not yet recovered?
   Thanks in advance,
     Barb in Springfield, Ohio