From:
Greg Eric <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:47:10 -0500

Hello all.

Well, for anyone who has followed my post, I'm sure your won't find this
surprising.

I went to a neurologist today and had an EMG done for possible nasty stuff,
because I am having twitching all over my body 24/7 for about 6 weeks or so.
The test was negative. Thank you God for that.

However.... my doctor has noticed a large brown spot on my back; about the
size of 2 hands next to each other or together. This spot has become
increasingly larger over the past 3 or 4 years. One other doctor pointed it
out to me also.

With all of my symptoms, pigmentatation, and non-responsive diets, the
first thing he said he thought I had was Whipple's disease. I never
mentioned the word to him at all, but it was a thought of mine a while back.
Back to the lab, more biopys and test.

Anyone know more about this systemic/malabsorption disease?

Does anyone know at all if tissue transglutaminase antibody and Whipples
shake hands?

Whipples is a bacteria that takes quite a while to get rid of.... maybe a
year with antibiotics.

Argh... I'm so confused and frustrated at this point. Celiac Disease,
Tropical Sprue and now Whipples... all coming from 5 different doctors.
I will keep everyone up to date.

Greg Eric