Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 15:53:39 -0500

<I've seen a lot talk on this list about aches and pains... But
what about arthritis.
        My doctor thinks I have rhumatoid arthritis. He is doing blood
test and x-rays. (I understand the X-rays but not the blood tests)Is
there a link??????>

Joyce,
I've read in materials about CD that there is a link between it and
rheumatoid arthritis. I was diagnosed with arthritis in my hands about a year
and a half ago. Every morning I awoke with swollen painful hands. Sometimes a
particular joint would be quite painful for several days.

Before I was diagnosed with CD I found a book on using diet to cure
arthritis. It recommended cutting out all flour and baked goods among other
things. I decided to try the diet. After 3 days the swelling in my hands was
gone. After 4 days the pain in my joints had disappeared. Simultaneously,
since I had CD without knowing it, my diarrhea and many other chronic
symptoms began to disappear.

You can imagine my joy and newfound strength. Since there was obviously some
connection going on between food and symptoms, I decided to see my allergist,
who subsequently diagnosed CD.

The arthritis in my hands has stayed away except for a period of about 2
weeks when I took bifidis with my daily acidopholus.

I hope you will also find help. I was thrilled to find a non-medical
solution.

Best wishes,
Mara Levin