From:
"Beth Turvy bturvy"@RPSPO2.ATLANTAGA.NCR.COM
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10:35:52 -0400

My daughter (now 21 mos) was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis last June,
and Celiac Disease this past February.  She has been gluten free since
the February diagnosis.  While some of her symptoms (bloated abdomen,
gassiness, and vomitting) have gone away, she is still subject to
diarrhea almost daily.  The diarrhea can be controlled with Immodium-AD
to prevent dehydration, but it doesn't seem right that she needs that
indefinitely!  Does anyone else out there have a similar diagnosis (CF, &
CD)?  I would appreciate any comments on the interaction of the two
conditions.  What are we missing?  My husband and I are convinced there
is something else going on, but the doctors haven't found anything yet.

She is seeing a GI doctor that specializes in CF care.  He has also seen
patients with CD, but never a patient with both conditions.  Any help
would be appreciated!

Beth Turvy in Georgia
Beth [log in to unmask]