From:
Harold Wolofsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harold Wolofsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:29:19 -0500

I came across this recipe, made it. It tasted so good that I must share it with the group.
CRANBERRY NUT DESSERT PIE

1 Cup of GF flour  ( I used Betty Hageman mix)
1 Cup of sugar
1/2 tsp of xanthum gum
1/4 tsp salt  ( I omitted it)
2 Cups fresh cranberries  (could use Frozen)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp almond extract

1    In a bowl combine the flour, sugar ,salt and xanthum gum.
2    Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat.
3    Stir in the butter, eggs and extract.
4     Spread into a greased 9 inch pie plate.
    If the mixture is too loose add a little more flour
5    Bake at 350* for about 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center come out clean.
Good as is or serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream for that special dessert.
I promise you it is delicious. Enjoy
Harold