From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:04:22 EDT

Hi All:

The SnoCoCeliac Support Group will reconvene on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 7pm
in Conference Room A of the Group Health Northshore (Bothell) Clinic. For
directions contact Sue Corning - email [log in to unmask] or telephone
206-527-6678.

We will discuss the following items:

INTRODUCTIONS: Introduce ourselves and briefly state how long we have been
gluten free as well as abstinent from other food intolerances. New attendees
will be asked to introduce themselves and share how they learned they had celiac
disease or gluten intolerance and what they want to learn from our meetings.

NAME TAGS: I will provide some blank peel and stick nametags for our next
meeting.

DISCUSSION GUIDELINES: A discussion guideline will be distributed to help
alleviate side conversations so everyone may hear all discussion.

SUPPORT GROUP NAME CHANGE: I would like to change our group name from 'SnoCo'
Celiacs to 'SnoKing' Celiacs. We no longer meet in Snohomish County and many
of us come from either Snohomish OR King Counties. I believe 'SnoKingCeliacs'
would more accurately describe our groups.

RESTAURANT MEETING: Last month we met at Canyon's in Bothell. Many of us
enjoyed a 'safe' meal with spouses and group members. On the way home I noticed 2
other restaurants (Bonefish Grill and Outback) in that same Mill Creek area. I
suggest that we make at least one annual meeting a 'social' restaurant dinner
meeting.

DA VINCI'S NEW EXPANDED MENU: Kaili now serves fresh soups, paninis, quiche,
salads and a variety of new pastries, as well as her traditional pastries.
Besides a completely gluten free bakery, she offers many dairy free items and a
line of egg, dairy and soy free (EDS) products. Visit her café at 10003
Greenwood Ave. N. in Seattle (206-782-5735) or her website at
(www.wheatlessinseattle.org).

KINNIKINNICK SUNFLOWER FLAX BREAD: If you tasted and enjoyed this bread at
the celiac awareness walk GF food fair, Pilgrim's Natureway store in Northgate
is carrying some Kinnikinnick products. I suggest you call to verify
availability.

NEW OSTEOPOROSIS BOOK: THE MYTH OF OSTEOPOROSIS by Gillian Sanson is highly
recommend to anyone who has been diagnosed with osteopenia, osteoporosis or
takes drugs to treat either of those conditions. I'll bring the book to our July
meeting.

GIG SALE ITEMS: If you missed the Celiac Awareness Walk in May and still want
a teeshirt, GIG now offers those and several other prize items at a reduced
price. See the complete list and prices on GIG's website www.gluten.net or call
the GIG office at 206-246-6652.

CONNIE SARROS' GLUTENFREE NEWSLETTER has become an abbreviated
'Newsletter-ette'. She now offers her "Premium Newsletter" via email each month at $1.80 per
issue and encourages us to 'sign up now for a one-year subscription.

ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS: If anyone has other items of interest, especially
about increasing awareness about celiac disease, please don't hesitate to share
your news. Rather than a discussion topic or speaker this month, Lynn Gough
and Earl Ley will share their recent experiences:

GIG NATIONAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE IN SALT LAKE CITY: Lynn Gough attended the
conference during early June and will describe her experiences and what she
learned about current celiac disease research and treatment.

EARL LEY'S CROSS COUNTRY BIKE RIDE FOR CELIAC AWARENESS: Earl will share his
bike ride experience and his efforts to increase celiac awareness.

ENER-G GLUTEN FREE GOODIES: After the walk Ener-G Foods donated to our group
a variety of products, which they brought to the celiac awareness walk. These
donations will be available for our July meeting attendees.

SUE CORNING
SnoCoCeliac Leader
206-527-6678