Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 12:16:48 -0500

RE: recent post about blood testing for vitamin and mineral levels:

I saw my doctor this morning to order blood tests and a bone density exam.
I asked him if I should stop taking my vitamin and mineral supplements
before having the blood tests performed, or should I keep taking them.

His reply was this: It wouldn't matter either way, because vitamin and
mineral levels do not fluctuate that rapidly. They are somewhat constant
over time. Whether or not you took your supplements that day would not make
any difference on the tests. It takes time (weeks and months)to change.

Does this make sense? (sounds logical enough to me)
Is it correct? (I don't know)

Janice in Alberta.