From:
Erin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:46:36 -0400

At the beginning of August, we lost a very important part of our Celiac
Community. David Marc Fischer, author of Gluten-Free NYC and active member
of The New York City Celiac Disease Meetup Group since 2004, passed away
from a very sudden and aggressive form of leukemia. David will be greatly
missed, and remembered for his friendliness, intelligence, and sincere
contributions to the celiac community.

We are having a memorial dinner for David on September 14th at one of his
favorite GFRAP restaurants in Manhattan. I wanted to send along this
information to those of you who might be interested in attending. Space is
limited for this memorial service and dinner in David's honor.

For more information, please visit:
http://www.meetup.com/Celiac/calendar/11218766/

If you cannot attend the dinner, but would like to contribute to our memorial
booklet in honor of David Marc Fischer please send your thoughts, blog
postings, etc. directly to me and they will be included in the booklet.

Thank you

Erin Smith
NYC Celiac Disease Meetup Group Organizer