From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:21:30 -0800

Hi All,

I really do apologize for running two issues
together, but I'm short on time.

First, is there such a thing as gf wine? I have a
recipe for a batter that calls for wine...would
something else work just as well?

Second, is there any evidence of stomach/peptic ulcers
occuring more frequently in undiagnosed celiacs - or,
can CD manifest itself as stomach lesions/ulcers
rather than intestinal damage? I'm self-diagnosed -
tests for celiac and biopsy all negative, but when I
eat wheat or gluten-containing food, I get gastritis
and stomach ulcers.

Any info on either of my questions would be so
appreciated. I'll summarize answers separately.

Thanks.

Ayn