From:
Jean Shott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:17:29 EDT

A while ago someone posted that Applebee's was changing their menu.  I
contacted Applebee's about their changes to see what would be "safe" for
celiacs.  Here is the letter they sent me:

"Thanks for your recent request for a list of gluten-free menu items
available at Applebee's.

We are sorry, but due to the complexity of our cenu and the frequendy in
which we change our menus, we do not provide nutritional breakdowns
specifically identifying gluten-free items.

The health and safety of our guests is simply too important to us to risk
sharing inaccurate or outdated nutritional information.

We hope you understand our approach to your request.  We could never forgive
ourselves if we were the cause of someone's illness.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dustin Dixon
Diorector of Food Science"

This letter seems polite and caring, but I feel that they don't care enough
to keep our business and our families' business.  I feel that this is a "you
are not important" attitute.

Thanks for letting me air my feelings!

Jean
Copley, Ohio  USA