From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:30:20 EST

THUMANN'S LISTING OF CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE MEATS UPDATED

The listing of products that have been certified GF by GFCO has been  updated
to be easier to read. See the updated listing at
_http://gfco.org/display2.php_ (http://gfco.org/display2.php)

Thumann's has been producing quality meat products since 1949, meeting the
desire for health-conscience Americans to have higher quality deli meats.
Thumann's gluten-free products allow them to meet the needs of a growing market
of persons following a gluten-free diet.

GFCO offers a program with strict standards, regular inspections, product
and ingredient testing in the production plants and through random testing off
site.

Thumann's has produced gluten-free products since its founding in 1949. But
according to Jackie Burke, RN, BSN, and resident Thumann's nutritional
consultant, We wanted to adapt and adhere to this system of standards based on
scientific research, so that we could improve the health and dietary options of
people living on a gluten-free diet.

In fact, the Gluten-Free certification is only one way Thumann's is
addressing an overall healthier dietary standard throughout its product line. We
presently have 10 products certified by the American Heart Association, says
Burke.

Thumann's also launched a new line of all-natural deli products, produced
with sea salt, pure cane sugars, and pure natural ingredients. Nutrition has
always been important to Thumann's - not just the company, but also our family,
states Burke, whose husband Bob Burke, Jr. is company Vice President. We
never  use flavor enhancers like MSG. Our products are typically lower in salt and
fat  than others in this category.

It is important for people to have these products, because they give such a
wide range of convenience and variety. Our goal is to make them a solid source
 of nutrition, as well, adds Burke. With these certifications, people will
know  they can trust the nutritional and health values of our products. For more
 information, call 201-935-3636, e-mail [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  or  visit _www.thumanns.com_
(http://www.thumanns.com) .

Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD
Executive Director
Gluten Intolerance  Group of North America
31214 - 124 Ave SE, Auburn WA 98092-3667
Phone:  253-833-6655
Fax: 253-833-6675
_www.GLUTEN.net_ (http://www.GLUTEN.net)
_www.GFCO.org_ (http://www.GFCO.org)