Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:53:25 -0500

     Given the message below, I am curious why it seems to bother so many
     with CD that I have met.  Is there anyone (Chemist, etc) that has done
     more research on this?  I wonder if there isn't a processing
     contamination like we have heard previously about using a Barley
     enzyme?

     Thanks

     Chris
     Burke, VA/Metro Wahington, DC

Author:  Jeryl Cordell <[log in to unmask]>  at Internet

2.  We had Bette Hagman speak....Her opening remark was "Beware of the gluten
Nazis."....She declares that one would have to go far and wide to find
maltodextrin that is not made from corn in the U.S.....the number of people
running around not eating things and causing grief and concern over
maltodextrin is 99.9% unwarranted...