From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:52:48 -0500

I'm just back from the CSA/USA Annual Celiac Conference in Omaha!
Many of the presentations this year had printed summary handouts, which
is very
helpful to the listener  just to enjoy  and learn directly from the
speaker without
cramping your hand taking notes.

Good to hear Drs. Murray & Fasano.  Dr. Fasano mentioned the interesting
Stanford research.
Another piece of the puzzle uncovered.  No one answer to turn off
effects of gliadin.

The newly revised CSA/USA "Cooperative Gluten-Free Commercial Products
Listing" (7th edition)
is now available for $12 per copy.  Order directly from CSA/USA, P. O.
Box 31700, Omaha, NE
68131-0700.  Website:  www.csaceliacs.org.

NEW:   For compliance on the GF diet after diagnosis, use the IgA and
IgG Anti-Antibody
1blood tests.   These are more sensitive for CD antibodies than the
Endomysial test, AFTER
diagnosis.  Per MIchelle Melin-Rogovin (Program Director of University
of Chicago
Celiac Disease Program), and I confirmed with Dr. Murray personally.

Two-thirds of people attending this conference were relatively new to CD
and the GF diet.  But
it was such fun to see "old-timer" friends!

Next Year the CSA conference will be in Buffalo, NY:  Oct. 9, 10, 11 &
12, 2003 at
Buffalo Hyatt -  "Knowledge Shared"   Join us!!

Janet Y. Rinehart, Houston CSA Chapter Chairman
Former President, CSA/USA, Inc.