From:
Doug & Glenda Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:28:16 -0500

Wait! Stop! Hold Your Horses!!

I just called the CA office of Honeybaked Hams and they gave me the
Atlanta, GA number to contact (800-367-2426). I talked to a wonderful
lady named Sharon, and explained to her that I was told last December
the hams contained gluten but the Roasted Turkey Breast did not.

She asked me to hold while she checked: the Honeybaked Ham DOES CONTAIN
GLUTEN (and always has). At this time, the Roasted Turkey Breast
CONTAINS WHEAT STARCH IN THE GLAZE!! This is in our area. Please do
research the CA and other locations, as it must vary (Sharon was unsure
about that).

My understanding is you can order any of their products without
glaze....and is supposed to still be really good.

Sorry to burst that Easter/holiday/Spring bubble, but please be informed
about all that you eat. You are your own medical expert.

I (used to) love Honebaked Hams and Turkey, but have no financial
interest.

A personal aside to point out the benefit of declaring yourself a celiac
and explaining symptoms: Sharon is very symptomatic and was truly
interested to know what celiac symptoms are. After a brief conversation,
I gave her the info for contacting Dr. Rudert and the GSSG in Atlanta.
Sure, everyone does not have celiac, but her experience is too errie to
ignore. Celiacs need to help Celiacs!

Good Health & Good Eating!!
Glenda Tyler, Co-Chairman, CSA Tidewater Chapter #71, Virginia Beach, VA