From:
Hannelore Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 19:37:49 +0000

Hello
thanks to all of you who responded to my plea for help. I got 22 postings:
1
0 suggested a new disease. Of those 7 thought the thyroid might be the
problem, other suggested CFS, diabetes, colitis.

6 suggested new food allergies or intolerances with soy (2) heading the
list, then yeast and poly-and disaccharides.

3 suggestions came for adding vitamins, zinc and iron to the diet,
and new medications or cosmetic ingredients were suggested as culprits to my
feeling so poorly.

The update to my condition: The new gastroenterologist I saw suggested a
gastroscopy, which I had. He also did an blood test for celiac. Since he has
gone on vacation no news yet. Since my general blood profile seems to be ok
and only the T3 uptake on the thyroid check is low, he dismisses the thyroid
as a possibility. My brother (a general practitioner) whom I called in my
desperation (he does not like to interfere in the medical care of family
members) suggested an additional (more specific) thyroid check and a Zinc
supplement and possibly a vitamin B supplement taken with lots of liquid. I
am hoping some of it works. Thanks for all your support.

Hanne in Oregon