From:
Teresa Lundquist <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teresa Lundquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:22:29 -0400

Hello to all,

I am hoping to be tested for Celiac soon but am not sure what to ask
for.  Should I request a general doc run the test or ask for a GI doc.
 I've been on prilosec for years, have many of the celiac symptoms but
all the regular tests ( for liver, general blood test not celiac test)
come up I'm normal.  The last few years I feel like I am dying but get
no sympathy cause there is no cancer diagnosis.

At new chiropractic office he suggested I go on a no wheat no milk diet.
 Severe headaches, chronic nausea and undigested food.....  The misery
abated, wow what a relief.  The allergist tested for food and many come
up, wheat, eggs, soy, nuts, shellfish, milk, corn  the usual.

Friends have suggested I get tested for celiac but having gone pretty
well GF( I still eat rye and oatmeal)  I'm worried the test will come
back negative and I'll just look normal and stupid.

I was hospitalized as a failure to thrive child with suspected celiac
but no firm diagnosis.
I feel I need at least some  positive celiac test before I adhere
strictly to the diet. I hate the thoughts of going back on wheat to get
the test though.  I was basically a non functioning mother, wife and
horribly miserable person.

My adopted son has also had many celiac symptoms .  His Endoscopy said
normal but BUT his biopsy came back inflamed as if an allergy.  The GI
doc said food  allergy but never went further.

Thanks

Teresa