Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:37:32 -0500

Hi all,

This is just super, if I do say so myself - LOL!

--------------------

Linda's Lentil Soup

Saute':
2 tablespoons unrefined organic CORN oil
2 tablespoons organic canola oil
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
1 large organic onion, chopped in a tiny dice (I like it COOKED well)

Add and saute' until garlic is starting to smell yummy:
2 heads (about 20 cloves) garlic, peeled & diced very small or whizzed in a
chopper

Add and saute':
2 organic celery hearts, chopped (I chop them relatively finely), including
leaves (organic celery *tastes* good raw - try it!)

Add and stir until fragrant:
(APPROXIMATELY)
1 tablespoon summer savory
1 tablespoon GF worchestershire powder
1 tablespoon rubbed sage
1 tablespoon thyme

[Note: use spices you like the smell of and use a lot - within reason - so
the soup has lots of flavor!]

Add:
20 organic carrots, peeled & chopped in small dice (pea-size?)
2 cups dry lentils, sorted for rocks and other grains, then rinsed!
water to cover and turn heat up to HIGH

Stir in:
1 cup GF Nutritional Yeast (golden flakes that dissolve in water, from HFS)
2-3 Tablespoons organic GF blackstrap molasses

When it boils, turn it down and move it to the back burner and be thinking
of something yummy to go with it...let it simmer on low for 30
minutes...when the lentils are done, it's ready to eat!  :-d  YUM!

Love, Linda