From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:37:30 -0500

The next meeting of Alamo Celiac, GIGŪ in Austin
is scheduled for April 19, 2006 at 7 p.m.  We
will be meeting in a different location, the Cambridge Towers.

Cambridge Towers is located at 1801 Lavaca on the
southeast corner of Lavaca and Martin Luther King
Blvd. (19th St.), directly behind the Texas State
History Museum.  The meeting room is towards the
rear of the foyer, to the right.  There is
parking on the street and there is a large State
parking lot in the back of the Tower, off
Colorado Street.  Parking is free in State lots and meters after 6:00 pm.

Our topic for the meeting is Gluten-free
medications. Lori Prager, pharmacist at People's
Pharmacy on North Lamar, will provide a
presentation to the group regarding problems that
celiacs encounter with medications.  If there is
no alternative available to a gluten-containing
medication, she will explain how that problem can
be addressed with compounding.  She plans to work
up a list of common medication ingredients that
contain gluten, to hand out to the attendees at the meeting.

Please bring a gluten free snack to share.  It is
important that included with each snack is a
listing of ingredients.  Some of our members need
to avoid more than just gluten.  If the recipe is
either original or has been changed at least 3
times, please bring the recipe.  We can publish
these recipes in the recipe exchange section of our monthly newsletter.

If you have any questions, please contact Francie
Kelley at [log in to unmask] or
(512) 301-2224.  We hope to see you at the meeting.