From:
Nathan Amundson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:24:48 -0700

Sorry it's taken me so long to post a summary (I'm a teacher and school is finally done!). I would like to start by saying thank you for all the replies and well wishes. I've been reading everything on this list for about 3 months and never would have guessed the kind of response I got when I posted for the first time. Thanks!

Lots of people said to look at the initial number and compare to the new ones. Unfortunately my original bloodwork didn't include the tTg levels, so I have no available numbers to compare.

Quite a few people said it takes awhile for the numbers to come down, but again, I have not reference numbers to tell if it's going down or not.

My biggest question related to the "high" tTg level and any other possible things going on since the IGA and IGG levels are both ok.

The biggest source of information for me has been Michelle Melin-Rogovin with the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program. She has taken time to email back and forth with me and answer all my questions and even give me information before I got to some of my questions.

It looks like there's a small source of gluten in my daily routine, so I'm going through everything I eat or use to see if I can find out what it is. Hopefully it's something obvious that I can get rid of and feel better without.

Thanks again for tall the responses!

Nate
Onalaska, WI

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.hypercon.net