Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 01:03:53 -0500

I just have to jump into this conversation.  J. Prine referred to finding
such reactions only under autism.  I have "off and on" autistic and
Asperger's symptoms, many of which are definitely related to gluten
ingestion.

My story about benadryl:   In 1975 I had a terrible itchy bumpy red rash on
ankles and feet.  It got so bad I was afraid I would tear it all open in my
sleep.  A U.S. military doctor gave me benadryl tablets at the local clinic
and I went home and took the exact amount prescribed before bedtime, nursed
my baby, and went to sleep.

I woke up two whole days later, and the baby didn't wake up for another day
after that.  We were both groggy for some time afterward.  Needless to say, I
have never used benadryl for anyone but the dog since then (he gets
hysterically itchy from fleas occasionally).

Patty, Pacifica, CA