From:
Sally Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 20:57:22 -0400

I am interested in hearing from people who have had HLA testing.
Specifically, where was it done, approximately how much does it cost,
were you previously diagnosed with CD and if so by symptoms or by lab
testing?  Have other family members been tested this way?  I understand
that this might not be conclusive (that I could have the HLA type but
not be celiac), but that if I do not have the HLA type associated with
celiac that there is no way I could be celiac (therefore my gluten
reaction is allergic not celiac).  Is this correct?  Would also be
interested in hearing if the physicians out there ever recommend HLA
testing and if so due to what type of circumstances.  Thanks very much.
If there is an interest, will post summary.  Many thanks.  Sally,
Virginia.