From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:41:43 -0800

Here are the responses I got. Lots of different brands and such. I'm assuming that if people on the list are taking them, that they are GF, but of course I would double-check before taking them.

I have been using a product called "Quantum Digest," which was originally
prescribed for me by my "alternative" M.D.  It is gluten free, and I believe
it has helped me a great deal.  It is manufactured by Premier Research Labs
and is not cheap!

My doctor told me to get Wobenzymes, said they were the best to be had.

They ARE pricey - I buy a huge bottle of 800 for about $129.  Some

places charge $140.  He told me to take about 10 of them with each meal

- which isn't bad, since they're tiny little pills.  I also take betaine

HCl/pepsin with each meal, to counteract achlorhydria.

I have used KAL for about 8 years.  I take 2 tablets per meal and I have

found them very helpful.

I use the NESS brands from enzymes inc.

http://www.enzymesinc.com/products.htm

www.houstonni.net

Betaine Hydrochloride has really worked for me.  It's easy to find at GNC or online, Vitamine.com   I think it works by increasing the acid in your stomach.

Healthy Trinity... Natrens.

The one I love (had

been recommended by a naturopath originally) is Digestin by Progressive Labs.

I have taken Prevacid but it is expensive and you need to take
it daily. I now take Super Papaya-Plex by Solaray. You can buy it in any
grocery or drug store and it works within 15 minutes.

Have you tried taking Beano with your meals?  It is gf and available almost
anywhere.  I take this with my meals.  I also take it sometimes when I drink
soda.  It helps relieve that bloated feeling.

"Digestion Formula" which contains enzymes and probiotics, made by Royal Body Care.

For the past 2 years I have been taking Pancrease.  It is a Rx that must be prescribed by your doctor.  It has worked well for me.