From:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:17:51 -0600

Have any diagnosed celiac's out there ever been diagnosed with
diverticulitis as well, or prior to, their celiac diagnosis?

My grandfather was diagnosed years ago with diverticulitis and I am
wondering if he has actually been misdiagnosed all these years. He still
complains about everything he eats and now my grandmother has been
complaining that she can't cook anything cause he says it bothers him, no
matter what it is. He also has sugar problems, blacks out if he has too much
sugar.

So far no one else in our family has been diagnosed but I am thinking there
might be a connection between his diverticulitis, his daughter's
endometriosis problems and my celiac. His other daughter, my mother, has
been blood tested but came up negative, so far.

I don't think my grandfather's dr is very up to speed on things, so I
figured I would see if anyone had any info out there for me. I had been
reading more about diverticulitis and saw that they made reference to
possibly having IBS, instead of or as well as diverticulitis, which made me
think. We all know how many dr's diagnose IBS and don't look for celiac!

Thanks for any input!

Renee
Naperville, IL