From:
goalieootttaA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 14:49:50 -0700

Hi all,

I rec'd several responses to my question as to a dairy and GF mayonnaise.

1) Seasons mayo is available in supermarkets on Jewish holidays
2) Some people have no problem with Hellmans mayo ..BUT..Hellmanns also
differs depending on where you buy it (I am CDN, many of the respondents
are American-it may be different ingredients)
3) Kraft Real mayo has no milk but is not guaranteed GF
4) Cornstarch in some mayos may cause celiac type symptoms
5) Hellmans may have preservatives (same as in some eyedrops) that cause
symptoms in us.

I have had several recipes posted to me on this question that involve egg
yolks-I am tempted to make my own. There was a posting awhile back with
the exact recipes. Please consult Betty Hagman or prior posts to get these
recipes, there are several. I was just hoping for a commercial mayo that
would keep for more than a few days. If anybody knows a lactose, corn ,
dairy, GF mayo that lasts, please post it to the group!
Thanks,
Lissy

ps)I am out of town for the next week and will recheck my mail then.