Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:43:00 -0500

"Austin Gluten-Free Friends" meet the 3rd Thursday of every month.

OUR NEXT MEETING: Thursday, October 20th, at 7:00 p.m.

WHERE: Home of Don & Kay Stence, 2304 Forest Bend Dr., Austin,TX (off Barton Hills Drive,
about 10 minutes from downtown)

We offer support to those with ALL digestive/intestinal problems, and believe faulty
digestion and malabsorption of nutrients to be the major cause of most health problems and
disease. We also welcome those who want to eat healthy as a prevention to illness.

OUR OBJECTIVE:

* Heal the intestines

* Maximize digestion with whole, natural, sugar-free, starch-free, grain-free,
gluten-free, lactose-free, preservative-free foods

* Balance nutrition in order to build a healthier body and immune system

* Find shortcuts to food preparation and cooking

There will be a tour of an SCD kitchen; a sampling of a homemade, lactose-free, sugar-free
yogurt smoothie; and samples of delicious and nutritious, unrefined almond flour baked
bread, pastry or dessert, etc.

Please bring a favorite "legal" food with a list of all ingredients since many are allergy
sensitive in the beginning.

For directions, e-mail me at [log in to unmask] or call at 512-442-4008.

As always . . . Eat healthy,

Kay in Austin

About "Austin Gluten-Free Friends" now "Austin SCD Friends"

"ASCDF" originally began as a Celiac Support Group. We soon learned that most Celiacs
could not get well or eliminate all symptoms by simply eliminating gluten from their
diets. Many who had eaten gluten-free for years and continued to be sick began to follow
the SCDiet. We saw them heal and thrive and many of their symptoms finally disappear. We
also observed that many were eliminating various prescription drugs. We then began to
fully embrace the SCDiet in our group.

We shared the SCDiet with people who have Crohn's Disease after they saw or heard that my
husband's Crohn's Disease had gone into remission and that his health and life had
transformed. When my Mother with Diverticulitis, my brother with IBS, another brother, a
son and myself with Celiac Disease all became well on the SCD, we KNEW we had found a
great secret!

By word of mouth our group has expanded to imbrace people with a variety of
digestive/intestinal complaints and diseases, and also those who desire a healthy diet in
order to not only heal, but prevent illnesses and disease. I am daily in contact with
people from all over the world as one person tells another about what we call "Our Miracle
Diet". We are just one of many such groups around the world who are touching and changing
lives by spreading the SCDiet.

We were formerly known as "Austin Gluten-Free Friends".

We are gluten-free . . . but we are so much more!