From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:45:00 -0500

I contacted Liberty Orchards about their candies called Fruit Delights.
They also make Aplets and Cotlets (sp?).  Their response is below:

Thanks for your concerns....

Citric Acid is in citrus fruits, Malic acid is in apples.  We add food
grade acids to brighten the fruit flavor and balance the sweetness.

Our candies do not contain any wheat or any other gluten product.  Of
course, our bakery items do but those are manufactured for us in a
different location.

The coating on our candies is confectioners sugar mixed with cornstarch
and are not generally associated with Celiac's disease.

I hope this answers your questions but please feel free to let us know
if we can be of further help.

Sincerely,
Arlene Sandhop
Customer Service Dept.