From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 18:33:37 -0400

At 03:12 PM 8/16/95 -0700, Mary Courtney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I can have tomatoes, but not tomato paste. Perhaps someone on the list
>knows about the dangers of tomato paste.

Tomato paste frequently contains HVP, which can legally be labeled as
flavorings or natural flavorings in the US and some other countries. But
check, some only list tomatoes as an ingredient.

When tomato paste appears as an ingredient in another product, the
manufacturer is not obligated to not disclose the ingredients of that
ingredient. To be safe, I assume that any product that lists tomato paste as
an ingredient is guilty and off-limits.

Don <[log in to unmask]> New York City