From:
maureen Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:48:13 -0400

I got so many replies, I could not thank each person individually.  Thanks to
all.  It seems that canola oil is made from rapeseed and is gf, however many
people have had reactions to it.  It may be due to cross contamination as it
grows in wheat fields.  One person sent me a great email explaining that
researchers believe that small pollens in it cause reactions in sensitive
people.(hope I got that right) The advice is to avoid it when first stariting a
celiac diet and then to see how the body reacts to it.  Thanks everyone.

Maureen