Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:46:32 -0500

Biaxin is verified as gluten-free by many many people.  Thanks!
Here's one source:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/2679/gluten.html

General Info about GF Meds: (besides the site above):

1. Stokes has a book for sale "Guide through the Medicine Cabinet" for
about $28. No mention of Biaxin, though.  Info for them:

Stokes Pharmacy
639 Stokes Rd
Medford, NJ 08055

Telephone: 1-800-754-5222 Fax: 1-800-440-5899

http://www.stokesrx.com

2. To order a guide from clan thompson go to www.clanthompson.com  They
have handy pocket guides to carry around.

3. http://www.geocities.com/gluten_rx/

4. www.rxlist.com

More specific stuff about Biaxin:

Definitely GF according to everyone, but there are always some who have
reactions to any med.  One person got a terrible migraine.

A couple of people noted the bad taste it leaves in their mouth (for me
too!).

And one person warned:

"I took biaxin and it caused an overgrowth of c-difficile bacteria, then
the doctors gave me Vancomycin to get rid of the c-diff which severly
damaged my digestive tract.  I am not trying to scare you but I just
wish I had known the risks.  The Dr. gave me biaxin for h. pylori...it
did not get rid of the h.pylori.  A doctor at the Mayo Clinic told me
that they do not prescribe antibiotics for h. pylori unless the patient
presents with ulcers.  Don't know why you are taking Biaxin, but look
for alternatives.  My sister had a severe reaction to Biaxin. "