From:
Mui Tsun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:21:31 +0100

Thank you for all those who responded.

Most of you agreed that flax seeds are GF.  I also asked at the local health
shop and they confirmed this.  So on Sunday I went out and bought a bag of
flax seeds.  I must say this is the best form of fibre supplement I've come
across in that I actually enjoy the taste of the seeds.  They have a really
nutty flavour.  What's good about flax seeds is that you can sprinkle them
on your food - yoghurt, cottage cheese, cereal - and use them in baking.  I
much prefer this way of ingesting fibre rather than having to swallow 5 or 6
fibre pills or mixing some unpalatable powder with my orange juice.  So,
thanks very much again for your response.

Some of you suggested Metamucil etc.  However, I've tried psyllium in the
past that it really bloated me out.  I never found out why.

Mui