From:
Tami Berget <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 11:03:41 -0800

I'm curious about the difference between potato flour and potato starch.  I
notice in Betty Hagman's bread book she uses each of them in a different
flour mix.  I'd like to know what the difference is between the two and how
they act differently in cooking and baking.  Our local grocery store has
"potato starch flour" in their natural foods section.  I haven't bought it
because I don't know if it would be ok to use in place of either the potato
starch or potato flour in recipes.  My first thought was it's labeled that
way because it's potato starch in a "flour" form (i.e. powdered instead of
granular???).  Can any of you help me out?  Thanks.

Tami Berget
Sacramento