From:
Lisa Hutchinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Hutchinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:32:17 -0500

Dear List,

Does anyone have suggestions for breakfast/lunch food for an 11 year old for
a gluten/corn/milk/egg/potato free diet. My nephew has been diagnosed with
autism and his mom is seeing if an an elimination diet based on especially
gluten but starting with all of the above foods might improve his symptoms
(moderate speech and motor problems). She is hoping to find something
portable for lunch to take to school. We are in Vancouver, BC if anyone
local knows of bakeries and other stores that might also have such products.
Kingsmill bread has potato starch in it or it would be great for bread. I am
a biopsy-confirmed celiac myself. My nephew blood-tested negative for celiac
but has not had a biopsy. I thought the GF diet was tricky until I tried to
help her work out the elimination diet above!

Thanks kindly for any information,
Lisa Hutchinson