From:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:39:25 -0400

I am very upset that companies that I have trusted, including General Mills,
are behind the move to prevent GMO labeling.  You can read an article about
the Grocery Manufacturers Association, the lobbying group to which General
Mills belongs, here:
http://ecowatch.com/2013/lobbyists-to-stop-ge-labeling-in-wa/

I searched General Mills' website and can find no mention of GMOs at all.
No disclaimer that they do not use GMOs tells me that they most certainly
do.  So I just submitted a comment to General Mills, below, at this site:
http://www.generalmills.com/ContactUs.aspx (scroll down the page for the
email input area).

"I was thrilled when General Mills came out with gluten free cereals- my
favorite corn and rice chex in great flavors.  But I want General Mills to
know that I will no longer be purchasing them as I don't know whether they
contain GMO corn or rice- I suspect that they most certainly do.  I will
stick to the limited number of organic cereals available to me.  I hope
enough people do this to affect General Mills' bottom line enough for them
to respond to consumers' wish to know what is in their food."

I hope others will feel moved to do the same: boycott General Mills and
write to tell them so.  Thank you.  I'm sad because I do love their products
but we need to let them know if we are unhappy about lack of labeling of GMO
foods.

Thank you.

Mary in upstate NY