From:
Pam Kelb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:27:44 -0500

Fyi

From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 5:30 PM
Subject: Ref Number: 0513615A

Dear Ms. Kelb:

Thank you for your interest in DOLE products.

As you may know, gluten-sensitivity is related to a specific protein
component, gliadin, present in some cereal grains (mainly wheat, rye,
barley and oats). DOLE canned fruits, fruit beverages and dried fruits
do not contain added cereal grains. Fresh fruits and vegetables also
contain no cereal grains. Some of our pre-cut salads do contain bread
components, like croutons which do contain gluten. Since most DOLE
products are free of cereal grains, we do not conduct specific gluten
analyses on them and do not maintain a "gluten-free" product list.

Reputable sources for further information about gluten-sensitivity and
related ingredients/foods include the American Dietetic Association's
Consumer Hotline (1-800-366-1655) or the Celiac Disease Foundation
(1-818-990-2345).

We hope this information is helpful in answering your questions. It's
always a pleasure to assist our consumers.

Sincerely,

Consumer Response Staff
Consumer Center
Dole Food Company, Inc.