From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 14:46:29 -0500

I was reading Deidre Hill's post regarding the protein zonulin and how
it acts as a traffic conductor, allowing some substances to pass into
the cell and keeping other substances out.  This got me to thinking....

My understanding of adult onset diabetes is that the individual makes
enough insulin,  but the cell wall over time becomes inflexible and the
insulin can't cross over the cell wall to get in and do its work.

Does the same scenario exist for "thyroid resistance"?  This would be
where the individual makes enough thyroid hormone, but it can't seem to
get into the cell to work.

That might explain for  me why I test at having normal thyroid levels,
but show the symptoms of being hypothyroid.....

Bec