From:
Betty Brinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betty Brinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:42:44 -0500

Thanks to everyone. You all were very helpful with some great advice.
9 of 16 found the ELISA test very helpful and accurate. 3 of those did not use York, but other labs. Here are links to a couple of those. The other was through their doctor.
http://www.metametrix.com/AboutUs/
www.nowleap.com

http://www.enterolab.com was another recommended.

3 of the 16 replied said they had bad experiences with York. One of these said they got the refun. 1 never recieved their refund and 1 was never sent any results, called them and was told they would send results email or mail, other must have been lost in mail? She was mild to gluten but no other.

4 of 16 had other thoughts on it all. 1 suggested testing for IGA. Another said IGA and IGG would be helpful. 1 suggested the Atkins site for allergy testing. He has other ideas to test yourself without the lab. This is not good for me since I do have the breathing problems and problems with hives and major allergic reactions that can be life threatening (anaphlaxic). 1 said when they went GF other allergies all went away.
I'm finding that in elimanation I'm taking out the foods and adding in new ones. These cause other problems. Because my diet has become so limited and I have other health issues (ostiopinia), it's not good for me to just keep pulling foods out and not adding anything in. At times I think it's the food and find out it's additives to the food. In the mean time I've pulled out a food for a great deal of time that was not a problem, but the additives to it were. I've recently gone all organic. Even when I eliminate I'm not sure. If I decide to go ahead with the York Test, as I probably will, I'll let you all know the results and if it helped. So far allergy tests for IGE have matched offending foods. The last test I had them test for foods I knew where a problem 100%, foods I thought were a problem 50% and foods I knew were not a problem (shrimp and fish) and the results were right on track. those 100% were the highest, those 50% were more mild allergy, those I felt were safe were 0% IGE.
Thanks Again:
Betty