Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 10:22:07 -0500

New restaurant in my area - Johnny Rockets - below is a copy of their
allergen information.
------------------
Notes about wheat allergies and celiac disease
Celiac disease and wheat allergies are two distinct conditions. Celiac
disease, or celiac sprue, is a permanent adverse reaction to gluten.
Those with celiac disease will not lose their sensitivity to this
substance. This disease requires a lifelong restriction of gluten.

The major grains that contain gluten are wheat, rye, oats, and barley.
People with celiac disease must strictly avoid these grains and their
by-products.

Wheat-allergic people have an IgE-mediated response to wheat protein.
These individuals must only avoid wheat. Most wheat-allergic children
outgrow the allergy.

Johnny Rockets products feature ingredients which may contain wheat
flour and/or gluten. If your condition is life threatening then it may
be in your best interest to avoid our restaurant due to the possible,
however extremely unlikely, event that residue from contraindicated
products may come in contact with those considered "safe." We are in
contact with the Celiac Disease Foundation as well as the Celiac Sprue
Association in order to obtain more information.

-