From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:05:47 -0700

Hi all

Yesterday, Rebecca alterted us to a long, WONDERFUL, ACCURATE article
in the Seattle Times on CD.  I want to  thank to Judith Blake, the
columnist - as well as thank Cynthia Kupper, Executive Director of the
Gluten Intolerance Group of North America, who was quoted in the
article and who is responsible for this marvelous publicity on Celiac
Disease.  Thanks, Cynthia.  Keep up the good work.

In light of all the recent announcements on this list of newly formed
celiac groups (which is great), I  congratulate those groups and wish
them well.  However, to all celiac groups, please, please, affiliate
with one of the national organizations.  They desperately need our
support to work more effectively for us.  Numbers speak and one large
voice is more effective than many, many small voices.

While this list is invaluable for support and information, I urge
*everyone* with cd to join a national cd group.  Our membership and
dollars working in these groups provide information to doctors and
other health care professionals along with newly diagnosed celiacs.
They sponsor kids camps, lobby for us, etc., etc.

I highly recommend GIG and/or Celiac Disease Foundation.  GIG and CDF
are currently working together on food guidelines that are *real* and
they are working toward one national organization (with no help from
CSA).

GIG  www.gluten.net  or email at [log in to unmask]

CDF  www.celiac.org  email [log in to unmask]

I have belonged to both organizations since dx and have found their
monthly newsletters invaluable.

Please join one or both.  It's the best investment you can make in
your health!

Diane - Kirkland WA USA

PS  It's now someone else's turn on the soapbox.