From:
pamella scotto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
pamella scotto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:58:05 -0500

My question was:

Does anyone know what brands of Lox are gluten free?  I have really been
craving a bagel and lox.

I person said pick it up at a bagel shop or Kosher deli and it would be
fine.

1 person said they eat Echo Falls Smoked Salmon.  Although they have not
checked the GF status

1 person said Lox is lox.  They can't believe it not to be gf.

1 person said they have never seen lox with ingredients that suggested that
it might have gluten, they go for the ingredients that have no food
coloring, no smoke flavoring, but real smoke is ok.

1 person said they use Vita and Acme,  and can't imageine gluten in lox.

A few people said they buy Costco brand and haven't found any lox that is
not GF.

A few people use Trader Joe lox, that it is natural and has nothing in it.
It is $9.99 for 16 oz.

1 person said they use Black Bear lox that is natural at the supermarket.

1 person said they don't have a problem with lox.  They usually buy Nova
Scotia.  They buy their lox at Cosco's or BJ's.  They also use Vita brand.
They mentioned to read the labels.

1 person said that lox is gf... made with salt.

1 person said they eat salmon and lox all the time, without any problem.  It
is smoked fish, salted to be cured and not ingredients that would be a
problem unless it was a special recipe or restaurant.
They use Costco,which has great smoked salmon and they make omellettes with
it.

Some people wanted to know what brand bagel I use.  I like Kinninnick and I
just bought Enjoy Life Foods.  People suggested using Tofutti for your cream
cheese.

Thank you so much for all the answers and the time you took to answer my
question.

Can't wait to go out and buy my lox now.     Pam

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com