From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:15:44 -0400

I had recently bought some Balance bars at Trader Joe's because certain
varieties were on their gluten free list. I decided to email the company
because of some of the wording on the package and this is their response,
fyi--
-----
FROM: Kraft - Healthy Balance [[log in to unmask]]

Thanks for visiting our Web site, and for your inquiry about Balance Bars
and gluten intolerance.

We do not currently have information on the gluten content of the Balance
Bar product line.

We understand how difficult it can be to plan diets for gluten sensitivity,
so an assessment of the
gluten content of these products' ingredients is currently underway.

Please add our site to your bookmarks, and visit us again soon!

---------

I've will be contacting Trader Joe's about the info as well.

-Michael Thorn

Shirley/Long Island/NY