From:
Christie Priem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 18:15:48 -0700

Hello and good day to you all.  I got a call from my mom yesterday.  When she
asked me how I was feeling (of course she's aware of the celiac stuff and my
recent troubles with dairy and tomatoes) I told her well, but mentioned that
my husband and I are sort of planning a snorkling trip somewhere, but are
nervous a bit about the eating possibilities for me.  She said, "It'll get
better...I have a feeling this will all go away and you'll be able to eat
normally again soon."  My mom had a friend who used to be allergic to all
sorts of foods, and then, from what it sounds like, she just woke up one
morning no longer allergic.  (Though I pointed out that this is not a
normal allergy).  Now I am a part of a Christian family (myself and hubby
included) and I understand that God does heal people sometimes, but I consider
the discovery of this diet a miracle in itself!  So this comment from my
mother (my dad has said it, too) bothers me.  It makes me feel as if they
don't believe I have a real disease and as if they are just refusing to
recognize the life-long-ness of it all.  Does anyone else have similar
problems with friends or familiy members?  Guess I'm looking for support and
suggestions as to how not to get upset and frustrated.

Thanks for being a great group of people!

-Christie in Phoenix, AZ