Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:29:46 EDT

Below is a summary of  responses on white and green tea:
I buy most of my tea  loose from local tea salons.  They can help you pick
flavors you might  like and comment on processing.
-    -    -    -    -
I've never used the  white tea, but I just recently bought some green tea,
made by Kroger and I  called them to check on the GF status, and they said
there was NO  gluten.
   -    -    -    -    -
I am a fan of a brand that I buy  at Trader Joe's, it is white tea, the
brand is Inko's.  (It is) bottled  and comes in several flavors, plain, and
slightly peach or  honeydew
flavored.
-    -    -    -    -
I  get my teas from _www.tentea.com_ (http://www.tentea.com/) .  Their green
and white  teas are great.  Their service is unbelievable so I know they would
answer  any questions you have.  I had a party with their blossom teas - it
was  great fun.  I order on one day and get my order in 2 or 3 days and I live
in the mountains so things usually take longer.
-    -    -    -    -
If you want the health  benefits of green or white, don't waste your money on
supermarket stuff. Buy  good tea from a reputable importer (I like
www.harney.com) and learn the  correct way to brew it. Never use boiling
water,
slow steep, etc. - the  results are worth the  effort.
-    -    -    -    -
I like Celestial  Seasonings Decaf Green Tea.  The bag can be brewed 3 to 5
mins  in a cup of boiling water.  I also get the green tea with  raspberries
from Celestial Seasonings.  All the Celestial Seasonings gf  teas are so marked
on the bottom of the box, too, which is nice.  Celestial  Seasonings also
sells white tea, however, I have never tried it, nor do I know  whether it is gf.
-    -    -    -    -
Some of Celestial  Season's teas have gluten.  I know I had to give up
Roastaroma
Mocha  Spice because it had roasted barley in it.  For green tea, I buy
Salada  because it has flavor but doesn't have a lot of funky flavorings added
whose  source could be an issue
_www.stashtea.com_ (http://www.stashtea.com/)  in a great place to  start
Also, I have heard it is  recommended to be 'healthier' to use loose teas. Stash
Teas have a really neat  selection.
I love the teas found  at www.mercola.com  very handy, healthy and  tasty!
Thank you to all who  e-mailed!