From:
Kate Joswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:33:37 -0500

I have just returned from a wonderful hiking vacation in the high
plains of Wyoming.  While we were there, my husband and I stayed
at the A. Drummond's Ranch Bed and Breakfast, between Cheyenne
and Laramie.  The location was beautiful and perfect for hiking.
It also is great country for mountain biking, x-country skiing,
and horse-back riding.  The high country air, the stunning view,
and the cool, star-filled evenings made it ideal for just
relaxing also.  But the best part was the extent to which the
hosts, Kent and Taydie Drummond, went to meet the needs of my
celiac diet.  Taydie, the chief cook, and I communicated
beforehand about the dietary restrictions, and I brought along
some rice flour and prepared pancake mix.  Every morning Taydie
managed to serve me a delicious breakfast that included muffins,
pancakes, rolls right along with the other guests.  No one even
knew that my meals were "special."  She researched the diet
before I came, called a number of companies to inquire about the
gluten-free status of their products, and even enlisted the help
of a friend to produce a loaf of sandwich bread for my lunches.
If you are looking for a western vacation with delicious, gourmet
food, this is the place!

          A. Drummond's Ranch Bed and Breakfast
          399 Happy Jack Road
          Cheyenne/Laramie WY 82007