Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:18:38 -0700

At 05:08 PM 4/11/00 -0700, Sandra Lutz wrote:

>The stabilizers used in TCBY products are locust bean gum, guar gum, and
>carrageenan.  Our independent analyst has concluded that there is no
>indication that these contain gluten.  Locust bean gum is derived from carob
>bean; guar gum and carrageenan are derived from algae.

Perhaps the listers should be aware that guar gum is an ingredient of many
laxatives and may not be advisable for some celiacs that have permanent
laxatives built into their systems to ingest much of. Ice cream is a big
offender (I use that word advisedly). I noted years ago that every time I
ate ice cream (which I love and have a tendency to glut myself on) I'd have
such indelicate (as my grandmother was fond of saying -- often :) problems
the next morning. So watch that guar gum if you would like to spend your
time somewhere other than the smallest room in the house.

-vance