Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:48:41 -0700

I have had several people ask me if I thought my HG
was caused by celiac disease. I would have to say yes.

In May 2001 I was diagnosed with both fibromyalgia and
hypoglycemia. I was also told that 40% of women with
FMS also have HG. (This implies that HG can be caused
by FMS. Since FMS is an autoimmune disease, that makes
since.) Then, in July 2002 I fould out about the
celiac. As some of you know, one autoimmune disease,
if not treated, can cause other autoimmune diseases. I
believe that undiagnosed celiac caused the emmergence
of FMS and subsequently HG, especially there is no
evidence of my inheriting either FMS or HG. (My
maternal grandfather died of colon cancer, so it
possible that I got celiac from him.)

Angela Taylor (Tulsa, Oklahoma)