From:
Shelley Steiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:15:03 -0500

I have several versions of quiche crust that are good alternates to
cheese.

1. blenderize a cup of cooked rice, and pat it into the pan.  needs no
prior cooking, takes any filling. or sometimes I don't even bother with
the blender. You can also add spices or herbs to make sweet/savory

2. coat pan with thin layer of margarine or butter, and pat into the
butter corn flour, or masa harina.  this works especially good for
pumpkin pie.  My grandmother had a whole passel of wheatfree grandkids,
as well as herself, and I guess she invented it.

I practically lived on quiche after diagnosis.