From:
Anne Luther <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Luther <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:15:33 -0600

Here is a link to a Sarasota celiac group:
http://www.geocities.com/FloridaCeliacs/

Bonefish Grille was highly recommended by 2 people. It is in Sarasota

One person wrote: Whole Foods has just opened a new store here in
Sarasota, and it is downtown, not too far from Longboat.  They have a
variety of GF products, including cookie and pizza crust mixes. My daughter
was delighted!  The Granary is a natural foods grocery (locations on Bahia
Vista Street, and Stickney Point).  The Bahia Vista location is closer to
Longboat.  Publix is the largest regular grocery chain, and some of them
carry frozen GF breads, and flours, cookies, crackers and cereal.

We go to Sarasota quite frequently and eat out at the Manhattan Bar and
Grill, Outback and Bone Fish Grill (both of these last two have GF menus.
The Granery Health Food Store has a good selection of GF foods Also Sam
Seltzer's will prepare GF for you---and Ruth's Chris.

Another recommendation: It has been several years since I have been to
Sarasota, but I remember a Shells Seafood @ 7253 Tamiami Trail.  Phone
941-924-2565,  fax 941-025-2458.
  They also have a web site @ Shellsseafood.com  with e-mail for contact.
As I recall, I had no problems getting a very good broiled fish dinner with
vegies and baked potato. The wait staff was very eager to help me with my
concerns. The price wasn't too bad either.

Columbia restaurant on St Armand's Circle in Longboat Key was said to be
accommodating. Also mentioned is a true French creperie north of Long Boat
where a GF breakfast can be had. (Don't forget - the Europeans are savvier
about celiac than the majority of those in the US)

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 59 national/regional
restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items. There's also a
gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant personnel to
ease the ordering process.

Thank you and when I return I will let you know what I find in
Sarasota/Longboat Key.
Anne